Medical Records Administrative Assistant
The Medical Records Administrative Assistant is responsible for all scanned medical records charts, and requests for information.
- Represent Families, Inc. in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner.
- Requests PCP referrals on current clients and notifies CS, MHP, MHPP when the request has not been returned in a timely manner.
- Verifies private insurance benefits and notifies the RFS of the findings, and changes the status of the client to reflect the decision.
- Processes release of information requests in a timely manner using the client contact section of the electronic medical record to monitor the requests.
- Issues Discharge Instructions, 2 Week Discharge Letters, and PCP Progress Summaries.
- Discharges clients in the electronic medical record, as applicable.
- Maintains necessary quantities of paper forms in designated area.
- Responsible for maintaining medical records for the outpatient clinic.
- Attaches documentation to client’s electronic medical record via scanning.
- Serves as a back-up to the Administrative Assistant and Clinical Assistant in all support service areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Medical Records Administrative Assistant must have one year of experience in an office environment. Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.
No positions available at this time. You can view other open jobs.