The Medical Records Administrative Assistant is responsible for all scanned medical records charts, and requests for information.
- Represent Families, Inc. in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner.
- Requests PCP referrals on current clients and notifies CS, MHP, MHPP when the request has not been returned in a timely manner.
- Verifies private insurance benefits and notifies the RFS of the findings, and changes the status of the client to reflect the decision.
- Processes release of information requests in a timely manner using the client contact section of the electronic medical record to monitor the requests.
- Issues Discharge Instructions, 2 Week Discharge Letters, and PCP Progress Summaries.
- Discharges clients in the electronic medical record, as applicable.
- Maintains necessary quantities of paper forms in designated area.
- Responsible for maintaining medical records for the outpatient clinic.
- Attaches documentation to client’s electronic medical record via scanning.
- Serves as a back-up to the Administrative Assistant and Clinical Assistant in all support service areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Medical Records Administrative Assistant must have one year of experience in an office environment. Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.