Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the overall function and direction of the human resource/payroll department. This position will work closely with the Director of Business Operations to promote a culture of continuous improvement and staff engagement throughout the company.
- Makes every effort to connect with staff on a personal level to include greeting them by name during company events.
- Manages staff recruitment strategy and establishes programs and policies to aid in the retention of staff.
- Works closely with universities to develop a consistent flow of high quality graduates into the company.
- Ensures that company’s wages and contract rates are fair and impartial.
- Manages the performance evaluation system for compliance with TJC and Medicaid regulations and overall effectiveness.
- Assists as needed with screening, interviewing, reference checks and hiring of new staff in accordance with policies and requirements that have been established.
- Responsible for new employee/contractor orientation to ensure we are effectively communicating the company culture, values and mission to new staff.
- Develops a structured onboarding process to include 30, 60 and 90 day follow-up contact with new staff.
- Oversees the employee payroll process to ensure accurate and fair treatment of all.
- Manages employee benefit and compensation programs.
- Oversees staff engagement activities to include birthday cards, sympathy cards, flowers, potlucks, anniversary gifts, Red Cross blood drives and volunteerism.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Updates policies and procedures to remain current with business needs and practices and in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Investigates and resolves EEO grievances in collaboration with Director of Business Operations and legal counsel.
- Oversees the nomination and selection process of the quarterly Above and Beyond Award.
- Ensures that all independent contractors maintain liability insurance.
- Facilitates the annual staff satisfaction survey and compiles responses to improve policies, procedures and incorporate staff feedback into daily processes.
- Attends and contributes ideas in monthly Clinical Supervisors’ meeting.
- Prepares job descriptions for new positions and updates all other positions as needed.
- Provides evidence of department related strategic planning with input from Human Resources Coordinator.
- Oversees the NHSC (loan repayment) program including site certifications and service verifications.
- Processes unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Completes employment verifications.
- Conducts exit interviews of staff leaving the company to gather information that will be used to strengthen our staff retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Director of Human Resources needs to have a Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in human resources or related field required and five years of work experience in the field of human resources.
No positions available at this time. You can view other open jobs.