Quality Assurance Officer
The Quality Assurance Officer, under the direction of the Director of Quality Assurance, supports the company by ensuring the completeness of documentation, appropriateness of care, and compliance with appropriate laws, rules, Medicaid RSPMI regulations, and The Joint Commission standards. The Quality Assurance Officer is responsible for implementing quality controls in the electronic medical record to ensure that client records are complete, maintained, and preserved.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Team Meetings and records minutes.
- Participates in Clinical Supervisor’s Meeting and records minutes.
- Assists in development of procedural changes and policy review/modification as requested by the Director of Quality Assurance.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with HIPAA, The Joint Commission, CMS’s Corporate Compliance regulations, Medicaid’s RSPMI regulations, and other Federal/State regulations that may apply.
- Assists with implementation of all requirements under the Security/Privacy Regulations of HIPAA within the covered entity as well as Medicaid regulations related to the duties and responsibilities of the Security Officer and Medical Records Librarian.
- Reviews all ROI Revocations to ensure proper chart follow-up.
- Reviews all safety reports and assess for presence of sentinel events.
- Prepares staff and client lists for IOC’s and all other regulatory audits when required.
- Monitors clinical processes to ensure quality and efficiency of services.
- Monitors calls to after-hours answering service to ensure proper documentation and follow-up.
- Conducts the data collection portion of Interval Investigations related to clinical documentation.
- Oversees internal audits and reviews of medical records charts; oversees quarterly regulatory audit.
- Provides education and support for clinical staff regarding documentation.
- Assists with development and implementation of Quality Assurance forms/programs.
- Assists in the management and oversight of the electronic medical records system.
- Assists with subpoenas as needed.
- Coordinates the development of CEU trainings and oversees related process improvements.
- Organizes and leads the development of quarterly documentation releases.
- Exports BI data for comparisons as requested by the Director of Quality Assurance.
- Creates computerized reports to assist with data collection and analysis.
- Develops recordings for orientation.
- Leads designated portion(s) of MHP Orientation.
- Other projects as assigned.
The QA Officer must have a Master’s degree and be a licensed mental health professional in the State of Arkansas.
Experience with electronic medical records in a mental health setting is preferred.
No positions available at this time. You can view other open jobs.