The function of the Billing Clerk position is to verify private insurance benefits, process secondary claims, and assist in other Billing Office functions.
- Verifies private insurance benefits and notifies the clinic that the verification of benefits has been completed.
- Post client payments and private insurance payments in Credible for all clinic locations.
- Prepare and issue billing statements.
- Cross train on Medicaid and Private Insurance processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Review Explanations of Benefits for Private Insurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Billing Clerk must have one year of experience in an office environment. Healthcare office environment experience is preferred. A high-school diploma or GED equivalent. Health Care billing experience is preferred.