The Support Services Assistant provides back-up for Administrative Assistants, Billing, and Credentialing Specialists. May include medical records and clerical duties. Travel Required.
- Represent Families, Inc. in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner.
- Request maintenance work and repairs for the clinic.
- Order supplies for the clinic.
- Log out of Mitel phone system for calls to be received at Jonesboro corporate office, check and lock all outside doors, and straighten up and sanitize the lobby before leaving in the evening.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete operation of Mitel phone system-answering and transferring calls to the appropriate staff for Jonesboro and outlying clinics.
- Varies reports to complete as assigned.
- Cross train on credentialing functions to assist Business Office Manager as time allows.
- Compiles and maintains current and accurate data for all providers.
- Sets up and maintains provider information in online credentialing databases and systems.
- Completes provider credentialing and recredentialing applications; monitors applications and follows-up as needed.
- Work closely with Credentialing Specialist on other duties as assigned.
AA Outpatient/Psych Testing
- Obtain PCP referrals Requests PCP Referrals on current clients and notifies CS, MHP, QBHP when the request has not been returned in a timely manner
- Liaison between the satellite clinics and the Jonesboro corporate office.
- Schedule medication clinics in the electronic medical record to include confirmation notes and the availability of an accurate daily schedule.
- Issue school and work excuses as needed.
- Collect deductible and co-pays, issue receipts for these payments and forward both to the Jonesboro Business Office when requested.
- Obtain accurate and complete Request for Service information (RFS) and follow the RFS through to becoming an active Client or declined RFS within a timely manner.
- Schedule psychological testing appointments in the electronic medical record to include confirmation notes and the availability of an accurate daily schedule.
- Scans, files and maintains paper and electronic filing systems.
- Processes psych testing request for services; maintain psych reports.
- Process daily/weekly department deposits for all clinics as needed.
The Support Services Assistant must have one year of experience in an office environment. Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.