Mental Health Technician
The Mental Health Technician provides classroom management services through the local school district and assists with the identification of students who are in need of services. The Mental Health Technician is not responsible for supervision of other staff.
- Coordinates with client’s teachers.
- Makes necessary referrals and serves as liaison with school staff.
- Assists teacher with daily lessons in ISS and/or ALE classroom.
- Attends school activities (ie. Summer Program, Parent-Teacher Meetings, Staff Development, etc.) to maintain relationships and share information with school staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
One year of experience working in a school environment is preferred.
Required:, Ability to retain confidentiality and ability to perform several tasks simultaneously. Ability to deal effectively with clients, professionals, and staff.
Preferred: Proficient typing skills, excellent spelling and grammar skills, strong organizational skills, knowledge of Microsoft office software.