Psychiatry & Psychology
Life is Meant to be Enjoyed!
At Families, Inc., we believe that to provide the most effective treatment we must first fully understand the unique and individualized needs of the client. Our Mental Health Evaluation Process includes receiving a Psychiatric Evaluation by our medical staff, once the Intake Assessment has been completed by a licensed Mental Health Professional. This will provide the most comprehensive evaluation of each individual’s mental health needs at the time services begin.
Benefits of our Mental Health Evaluation process:
- Improve the quality of care and set each individual up for a better outcome.
- Psychiatric Evaluations will be used to:
- Further substantiate the diagnosis,
- Potentially identify a new diagnosis,
- Evaluate for medical conditions that will impact care or may lead to a referral to the PCP for Out of Scope concerns,
- When indicated, develop an individualized evidence-based medication regimen or determine if a pre-existing medication regimen is appropriate.
- Behavioral Indicators
- Request Services
- Couples Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Qualified Behavioral Health Provider
- Play Therapy
- School-Based Services
- Psychiatric Services
- Psychology Evaluation
A psychiatrist is a member of the treatment team who has completed both medical school and training in psychiatry and is a specialist in diagnosing and treating mental illness. The psychiatrist may meet with a patient/client to evaluate his or her mental health and/or prescribe or maintain medication when appropriate.
Psychological evaluations utilize standardized psychological and psycho-educational test instruments to assist in the diagnostic process, which leads to subsequent treatment recommendations. They are conducted by licensed psychologists and psychological examiners. This service may be requested by schools, courts, other mental health agencies, primary care physicians and treatment team members.