Clinical Assistant, LPN
The Clinical Assistant provides support to the Outpatient treatment team by preparing clients to be evaluated by medical staff and serving as a liaison between medication management appointments. The Clinical Assistant also provides infection control oversight for the local Outpatient clinic.
- Completes clinical assistant documentation in the electronic medical record to include vital signs, review of systems and client interview.
- Enters all concurrent medicines and allergies in the electronic medical record, as applicable.
- Serves as liaison between client and Psychiatrist for medication questions and refills.
- Contacts PCP offices every six months to obtain referrals on current clients and notifies CS, MHP, MHPP if the current PCP Referral expires.
- Processes release of information requests in a timely manner and uses the client contact section of the electronic medical record to monitor these requests.
- Assists with the re-scheduling and notification of clients when a med clinic is cancelled or re-scheduled.
- Monitors reports as needed to ensure processes are followed and information in the electronic medical record is accurate and complete.
- Represent Families, Inc. in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner.
- Administers medication injections as needed
- Maintains and/or coordinates drug Sample Inventory and documents accordingly
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Arkansas is preferred.
One year of experience in an office environment is required.
Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.
Required: Ability to retain confidentiality and ability to perform several tasks simultaneously. Must be able to work professionally with clients, staff and outside agencies.
Preferred: Proficient nursing skills, strong organizational skills, knowledge of Microsoft office software.