Administrative Assistant - Floater
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for overall front office activities including the reception area. Provides secretarial and administrative support to staff members.
- Represent Families, Inc. in person, over the telephone and in the community in a professional manner.
- Liaison between the satellite clinics and the Jonesboro corporate office.
- Schedule medication clinics in the electronic medical record to include confirmation notes and the availability of an accurate daily schedule.
- Issue school and work excuses as needed.
- Collect deductible and co-pays, issue receipts for these payments and forward both to the Jonesboro Business Office when requested.
- Obtain accurate and complete Request for Service information (RFS) and follow the RFS through to becoming an active client or declined RFS within a timely manner.
- Request maintenance work and repairs for the clinic.
- Order supplies for the clinic.
- Serve as a back-up to the Clinical Assistant/Medical Records Assistant in all support services areas.
- Forward the telephone to the Jonesboro corporate office, check and lock all outside doors, and straighten up the lobby before leaving in the evening.
- Other duties as assigned.
One year of experience in an office environment is required.
Healthcare office environment experience is preferred.
Required: Ability to retain confidentiality and ability to perform several tasks simultaneously. Ability to deal effectively with clients, professionals, and staff. Travel required.
Preferred: Proficient typing skills, excellent spelling and grammar skills, strong organizational abilities, knowledge of Microsoft office software.